Bianca Pridham qualified from St Loyes, Exeter University in 2004. Since 2005, she has primarily worked in adult social care dealing with complex disabilities, neurological conditions, and palliative care. Bianca specialises in setting up and monitoring packages of care for complex cases, along with equipment, home adaptations, and moving and handling. She also has experience in mental health, learning disabilities and transitions services.
Bianca now focuses solely on independent practise, both as an occupational therapist and complex case manager.
Bianca works as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management and she also continues to work in adult social care and holds a varied caseload including individuals with complex social situations and limiting environments. She has experience of Continuing Health Care (CHC), direct payments and personal health budgets.
Bianca works as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management and as an independent occupational therapist, and holds a varied caseload including individuals with complex social situations and limiting environments. She is experienced at identifying, justifying and recommending care and support provision for an individual’s clinical needs and functional abilities. Bianca has experience of training carers and providing risk assessments and also making recommendations for equipment, care, support and adaptations.
- Assessing and recommending equipment, adaptations and housing options.
- Assessing and recommending moving and handling equipment and techniques.
- Managing complaints by proving re-assessments, building positive relationships and maintaining excellent communication.
- Effective communication skills and ability to build a positive rapport with clients, families and support workers, including in challenging circumstances.
- Assessing and recommending care and support.
- Experienced in provision of supervision and staff development.
- Vast expertise of completing realistic, positive risk assessments.
- Working with housing associations, local authorities and district councils.
- Managing a varied, complex and long-term caseload.
- Skilled in justifying and reasoning decisions and requests for funding.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Royal Collage of Occupational Therapist Specialist Section-Independent Practice (RCOTSS-IP)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- BABICM registered practitioner member