Chloë qualified as a speech and language therapist (SLT) in 1991. Chloë worked for the NHS trust in West Sussex as a community SLT treating adults and children before moving into independent practice in 2000. Chloë has worked within a range of settings to include: home clinic, providing services to local authorities, as part of the assessment team in one of the country’s foremost multi-disciplinary organisations in the area of DCD (developmental co-ordination disorder) and as the speech therapist within a residential centre for young adults with profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Chloë has extensive experience in paediatric language disorder/delay and the associated cognitive and physical impairments. Working within multidisciplinary environments has given her a unique perspective on the interdependence of physical, environmental and cognitive factors and their management. Chloë has specialised in working with children from the age of 3 to young adulthood in the fields of learning difficulties of various aetiology; autistic spectrum, developmental coordination disorder, stammering, language delay/disorder, voice and cerebral palsy.
Chloë provides case management for adults with acquired brain injury and spinal injury.
Chloë is enjoying developing her career as a case manager and speech therapist. She has worked as a case manager with a number of children and adults since 2011 including managing clients' care teams.
Chloë speaks French, Italian and Spanish and has managed cases in Italy.
- Comprehensive assessment and identification of client and carer needs.
- Providing reports for the courts as a speech therapist and case manager.
- Considerable experience working in a multi-professional arena, involving staff from the statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Positive and practical client centred approach.
- Co-ordination of community care packages.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)