Deborah qualified as an occupational therapist in 1986 and since then she has worked in mainly adult social care settings both in Wales and the West of England, focussing on neurological conditions, end of life, stroke, traumatic orthopaedic cases, sensory loss and learning disability. In 2015 Deborah successfully piloted an Independent Living Team approach for a community hospital gaining a broad insight into discharge planning and admission avoidance.
In the last 10 years, Deborah has been working at management level, responsible for a large team of 30 therapists, social workers and assistants, delivering statutory services across the Sedgemoor area of Somerset.
Deborah works at WCM as a Clinical Support Manager, which includes mentoring and management for the WCM case managers, alongside her case management caseload. She has extensive knowledge and experience at managerial level, performance management, supervision, HR functions and induction.
Deborah studied at master’s level in Advanced Practice at Exeter University and is also a qualified coach, enabling her to maximise potential in others. She is an experienced CHC panel decision-maker at CCG and knowledgeable about the CHC process.
- Extensive experience with complex disability clients
- Proficient at liaising with private and statutory sectors
- Holistic assessments of client and carer needs
- Good communication skills
- Specialist interest in housing and adaptations
- Skilled and experienced coach
- Teaching and supervision experience