After qualifying in 2003 from Salford University, Manchester, Gareth has gained extensive experience with adults, young people and children with various neurological conditions including acquired brain injury, cerebral palsy and spinal cord injury.
Working in a community and inpatient setting has given Gareth the necessary skills to carry out detailed assessments and provide goal-focused rehabilitation for individuals living with complex neurological disability. He enjoys working within a multi-disciplinary team and strives to enable his clients to be as independent / functional as possible. Gareth has a special skills interest in spasticity management and is an injector of Botulinum Toxin.
In addition to working as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management since 2011, Gareth also provides domiciliary physiotherapy for people with neurological conditions and complex disabilities on a private basis. This role enables him to work with a number of complex neurological, physical and psychological conditions to provide individualised treatment programmes.
- Experienced in working with adults and children with neurological conditions and complex disabilities.
- Experienced in the setting up and management of care packages tailored to the client’s individual needs.
- Excellent communication skills with clients, families, professionals and local authorities.
- Experienced in coordinating rehabilitation packages for individuals with complex needs, linking in with local services where possible.
- Providing a holistic and empathetic client entered approach.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Post Graduate Certificate in Neurological Rehabilitation
- Fluent Welsh speaker
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Chartered Physiotherapists Interested in Neurology (ACPIN)
- BABICM registered practitioner member