Jane qualified as an occupational therapist in 1982. She has extensive clinical experience, which was gained in inpatient units, day hospitals, the community and voluntary sector. Her main clinical interests have been in mental health, cognitive difficulties and acquired brain injury (ABI). Jane has worked as a case manager since 1999.
Jane works with a variety of clients, most of whom have suffered an ABI or neurological damage. In addition, Jane prepares medico-legal rehabilitation cost reports for individuals with a variety of diagnoses, but generally for those who have suffered catastrophic brain injury. Jane has worked with Westcountry Case Management since 2004.
- Expertise in assessing and prescribing treatment/care for clients with traumatic brain injury, mental health, cognitive, behavioural and physical disability
- The preparation of detailed reports addressing the needs of the client
- Proven expertise as a Clinical Case Manager recruiting and training carers for clients needing 24 hour care
- The preparation of risk assessments and care plans for clients with complex needs
- Referral to and liaison with other disciplines to provide high quality support/treatment for clients
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- National Association of Neurological Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapists in Independent Practice
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)