Since graduating from the London School of Occupational Therapy in 1976 Janet has gained wide clinical experience in rehabilitation, to both minimise occupational dysfunction and optimise an individual’s occupational functioning. She has worked in adult inpatient and community settings with people with physical, cognitive and mental health difficulties. She has held a number of professional advisory roles and prepared expert witness court reports, providing guidance of the type and cost of rehabilitation and care needs for people following personal injury.
Janet started working as an independent case manager with Westcountry Case Management in 2002, with adults primarily with acquired brain injury and/or mental health difficulties.
As a case manager she sets up and manages personalised community rehabilitation teams appropriate for the recovering individual, she collaborates with them in identifying plans and appropriate goals and introduces strategies and treatment programmes. She works closely with clients to help motivate change and promote occupational balance for long term well-being.
Janet also provides an independent service of occupational life coaching, which uses an ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) framework to empower and enhance an individual’s personal skills, knowledge and performance in their life roles.
- Assessment skills to assist both client and carers recognise functional strengths plus difficulties.
- Motivational and occupational coaching skills to help clients identify, plan and achieve their own rehabilitation goals.
- Management and training skills to direct and support other workers, clients and carers.
- Effective communicator with empathy and humour.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Certificate in Health Education