Jenni qualified as an occupational therapist in 2002. She initially worked in orthopaedics, care of the elderly rehabilitation, medicine, surgery, amputees, burns and plastic surgery. Jenni then worked at the John Parkes Paediatric Unit for a year before joining the Acute Stroke/Neurological Unit at Torbay Hospital.
Jenni started working in the Community Neuro Rehab Team Torbay and Teignbridge in August 2006. Jenni undertook case management with WCM alongside this role initially.
Jenni now dedicates all of her work time to case management and as an independent therapist, specialising in working with people who have suffered from a traumatic or acquired brain injury, post-concussion, stroke or other neurological conditions such as MS or MND. Experience includes:
- Completing functional assessments for highly complex individuals who often have a broad range of difficulties and co-existing medical conditions.
- Assessing for equipment, adaptations and wheelchairs and providing training in their use to patients and their carers.
- Assessing for and writing manual handling plans alongside physiotherapy colleagues.
- Assessing care needs and referring for packages of care and enabling support.
- Completing a wide range of cognitive assessments as well as Mental Capacity Assessments.
- Acting as an advocate to help people obtain benefits, services or return to work.
- Extensive experience of working within the field of brain injury, stroke and other neurological conditions.
- Experienced in utilising a wide range of cognitive assessments and implementing cognitive rehabilitation within treatment programmes.
- Goal orientated person centred approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in report writing.
- Good understanding of current evidence base within stroke and brain injury.
- Experience of key working cases demonstrating the ability to organise and co-ordinate services efficiently.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- Case Management Society of UK (CMSUK)
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)