Jennifer qualified as an occupational therapist from Oxford Brookes University in 2001. She has extensive experience in the area of rehabilitation, with a particular interest in neurological impairment as a result of stroke, acquired brain injury or central nervous system tumours and has spent five years working at the Royal Marsden Foundation Trust. In 2004, Jennifer completed an MSc in Occupational Therapy, at Cardiff University, specifically focusing on neurophysiology, neuro-anatomy and neuro-rehabilitation.
Jennifer has worked for Westcountry Case Management Ltd since 2011 both as a case manager and mentor. In addition, Jennifer works as an independent occupational therapist for people with physical, cognitive and psychological deficits in the community. This involves assessment and treatment of clients with complex needs and liaising with a variety of community services.
- Extensive experience of working with clients with complex conditions including acquired brain injury and spinal injury.
- Highly skilled in working with clients with complex needs arising from medical negligence and personal injury.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Effective team player who is also able to work independently.
- Excellent communicator with clients, carers and other community and NHS services.
- Committed to providing evidence-based interventions.
Professional Affiliations and Additional Qualifications
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- BABICM Advanced registered practitioner member
- MSc Occupational Therapy (Neurology)
- Professional Diploma in Management Studies