Jo Fisher qualified as a physiotherapist in 1985 and commenced her career on a clinical rotation but quickly specialised in paediatrics.
She has extensive experience working in part of a multi-disciplinary team in a Child Development Centre and has been a network therapist for the national charity Whizz-Kidz which provides mobility equipment for non-mobile children. Jo has been a key-worker for the Team Around the Child project. Within this role she became an advocate for the families with children who have complex needs.
Jo has also worked in the community with children with special needs who attended mainstream school, many of which had complex needs. She carried out comprehensive assessments, initiated therapy programmes, taught carers, implemented 24-hour postural management programmes, issued specialist equipment and monitored their implementation.
Jo has worked as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management Ltd since 2006 and also works as an independent paediatric physiotherapist in the community treating children and young adults with physical, ABI and neurological conditions. Jo carries out wheelchair assessments and provides wheelchair training.
- Holistic and family centred approach, good communicator.
- Assessing and clearly defining and identifying the needs of children with complex difficulties.
- Specialist hands-on experience implementing rehabilitation programmes in paediatrics for over 25 years.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of specialist equipment including specialist mobility equipment.
- Extensive experience of training carers, professionals, relatives and children to meet individual needs and style.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary and interagency team and the ability to work independently.
- Efficient organiser and co-ordinator of services, as a key-worker, with regular liaison with other professionals.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Registered with Health Professions Council (HPC) as a Chartered Physiotherapist
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) (MCSP)
- Member of the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists (APCP)
- Member of the Posture and Mobility Group (PMG)
- Registered advanced member of BABICM