Lindsay qualified as an occupational therapist with a BSc (Hons) in 1998 and has since worked in a number of fields both in hospitals and in the community working as a case manager and independent Occupational Therapist since 2012
Her particular areas of interest and experience lie in working with adults and children with physical and neurological impairment. Lindsay has extensive experience of working with adults and children with Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI) and other neurological impairments such as Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, MS, motor neurone disease etc.
She is able to complete holistic assessment of needs, impairments and goals, devise rehabilitation programmes and assist with choosing equipment, planning adaptations and implementing care packages.
Lindsay has worked as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management since 2012 and also works as an independent occupational therapist and expert witness.
Throughout all of her work, Lindsay liaises closely with medical, social and educational professionals and completes detailed reports for grant applications and panels.
- Ability to assess and report on the specific and often complex needs of children, adults and carers.
- Ability to identify and advise on appropriate equipment for meeting individual needs for postural management, manual handling and to aid independence.
- Ability to devise and negotiate appropriate therapy programmes with individuals to maximise their occupational function and quality of life.
- Ability to identify and design adaptations to home/school/work/leisure environments to meet the needs of the individual.
- Ability to set up and monitor support packages for individuals, including HR processes and supervision of support workers.
- Able to work independently and co-ordinate a complex case load.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working as part of a social work and health team and within school and colleges, therefore good skills in communicating and understanding the roles of a variety of professionals.
- Person centred and goal directed empowering clients to make decisions and manage their own lives.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Sensory Integration Network UK and Ireland
- College of OT Specialist Section- Children and Young People
- College of OT specialist section- Independent Practice
- College of OT Specialist Section- Neurology
- BABICM registered practitioner member