Liz qualified in 2004 as a physiotherapist on a background of working in amputee rehabilitation as a physiotherapy assistant and a prior degree in sports therapy. Liz completed her post-qualification rotations at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London where she worked in rehabilitation of adults with complex presentations from critical care, inpatient wards and on into the community. She was the neuro-rehabilitation inpatient team lead at St Thomas’ Hospital and when Liz moved to Cornwall, she took on the clinical lead role in the local neuro-rehabilitation inpatient unit. Since then she has worked in a private clinic providing physiotherapy for people with neurological conditions and also the NHS as a clinical specialist for complex neurological patients in the community.
Before becoming a physiotherapist, Liz volunteered at an outward-bound centre for people with complex disabilities and was inspired by what could be achieved in challenging situations. This ethos together with her clinical experience motivates Liz to enable people with complex needs to achieve their goals.
As well as working with Westcountry Case Management as a case manager, Liz works as an independent neuro-physiotherapist in Cornwall, providing specialist neuro-physiotherapy in people’s homes and local community settings. She has been living in Cornwall since 2013 and has gained good local knowledge of NHS and private sector rehabilitation services. Liz has worked recently with complex ABI and SCI rehabilitation cases and has a proactive role in the multi-disciplinary teams for these clients. She has a holistic and positive approach to her work and enables clients through goal centred rehabilitation.
- Experience of working with adults with ABI, spinal cord injury, amputees and complex disability, including behaviour that challenges.
- Proactive, holistic, empathetic and friendly approach.
- Excellent communicator with clients, families and professionals.
- Local knowledge of services and key contacts to enable rehabilitation.
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of training carers in a clients specific needs
- Special interest in vestibular rehabilitation and postural management.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) registered
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Member of Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Neurology (ACPIN)
- Member of Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Vestibular Rehabilitation (ACPIVR)