Lucy qualified as an occupational therapist from St Loyes’ school of Occupational Therapy in 1994. She has extensive experience in the area of rehabilitation, with a particular interest in neurological impairment as a result of traumatic brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, and complex neurological pathologies. She also has experience in the area of complex disability.
She spent five years working as a senior therapist at the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre and has a decade of experience working with survivors of acquired brain injury and their families within the role of consultant occupational therapist for Headway Dorset.
She has been working in the field of neurological rehabilitation as an independent consultant occupational therapist for the last eight years, with a specialist interest in cognitive rehabilitation and upper limb neurological impairment, and has comprehensive experience of case management.
In addition to working as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management, Lucy works as an independent neurological occupational therapist providing her skills and expertise to survivors of acquired brain injury and their families. She is particularly interested in cognitive rehabilitation and the provision of support for psychological and emotional effects of neurological impairment.
Lucy also works preparing reports for the Court as a Rehabilitation Costs and Care Expert.
- Extensive experience in assessing and planning rehabilitation intervention for clients with acquired brain injury and other neurological impairment.
- Specialist interest in cognitive rehabilitation and upper limb neurological impairment.
- Highly effective communication with clients, relatives and other professionals to establish goals.
- Highly skilled at liaising and working with both statutory and private agencies and in obtaining an inter-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation.
- Extensive understanding of clients with complex needs using a wide range of experience and knowledge.
- Experienced in providing training and support to assist care staff in their work with a variety of client groups.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Highly committed to providing evidence-based interventions.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section in neurological practice
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Professional member of the Society for Cognitive Rehabilitation