Luke is a qualified physiotherapist, with experience across a range of conditions including complex orthopaedic, upper and lower limb amputees, head injury, spinal cord injury and strokes. He has experience of working within a medicolegal context, taking instruction from insurance companies to treat injured parties. His work as a disability assessor, has enabled him to become highly skilled at developing rapport very quickly, in sometimes challenging circumstances, in order to engage with and accurately assess a person’s abilities and needs.
Luke has worked as a senior physiotherapist, treating and managing patients’ recovery, engaging them in goal setting and reaching maximal progressions with clients.
Luke has also worked with youth teams within Football clubs, assessing and managing injuries and delegating treatments with other professionals within the club setting. He is himself, a passionate football supporter.
Luke currently works as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management and also works as a physiotherapist, primarily for individuals who have sustained road traffic accidents and work-related injuries. He continues to undertake functional assessments for complex individuals with difficulties including cognitive, physical, psychological, sensory and learning disabilities.
- Experienced physiotherapist in providing hands on therapeutic treatment.
- Personalised goal setting to reach maximum potential.
- Experienced in developing personalised rehabilitation programmes in a musculoskeletal and orthopaedic setting.
- Excellent communicator.
- Professional assessment of individuals needs with great detail and precision.
- Extensive knowledge of physical conditions and how they impact on each person.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Very experienced working within a multi-disciplinary team as well as working autonomously.
- Extensive experience working with friends, relatives and other professionals to ensure continuation of care plans outside of therapy time.
- Thorough, coherent and concise professional documentation.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Health and care professions council (HCPC)
- Chartered society of physiotherapy (MCSP)