Lynne qualified as an occupational therapist in 2001 at the University of Liverpool with a BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy. She gained clinical expertise in a variety of NHS settings before specialising in 2003 in neurological rehabilitation.
Lynne furthered her skills as a Lead OT in Surrey Community Health NHS Trust. Providing holistic assessments in function, cognition and postural needs along with goal planning and treatment programmes for patients with traumatic brain injury, stroke, and progressive neurological conditions. She also practised in a rehabilitation programme for individuals with brain or CNS tumours at the Royal Surrey County Hospital before working as a Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist for Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, working with complex patients with brain injury in the community hospitals and in their homes.
Lynne currently works as a case manager with Westcountry Case Management, and also works as an independent occupational therapist for people with physical, cognitive and psychological deficits in the community. This involves assessment and treatment of clients with complex needs and liaising with a variety of community services.
- Extensive experience in assessing, planning and implementing rehab intervention for clients with ABI and complex disability
- Broad understanding of the long-term consequences of brain injury
- Implementation of community based rehab programmes
- Preparation of activity based risk assessments
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Practical SMART goal-centred approach to treatments
- Multidisciplinary team working and independent working
- Experience of private and statutory sectors
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Excellent communicator with clients, carers, and other community and NHS services
- Experienced in providing training and support to assist care staff in their work with a variety of client groups
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section for Neurological Practice (SSNP)