Sarah is an occupational therapist and senior mental health practitioner, who qualified from the University of Plymouth in 2010.
Her specialisms are mental health, learning disability and psychological trauma. Sarah has worked in a variety of psycho-social settings including acute inpatient hospitals, community mental health teams, assessment teams and in private and charity sectors, supporting individuals with severe and enduring mental health issues, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, homeless and vulnerably housed, drug and alcohol dependency and individuals with a forensic history. She has also worked closely with individuals with an extensive variety of
complex disability and and neurological conditions.
Sarah has completed further training to become an EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) therapist. This is a complex and powerful psychological therapy that is currently considered by NICE guidelines as the key therapy for treating trauma. As well as trauma, EMDR can also be effective with phobias, anxiety, body dysmorphia, confidence building and OCD. Sarah currently does private therapy in this role and has previously completed assessments for medico-legal work in this area. Sarah has gone on to also train in EMDR therapy for children and adolescents.
Sarah works as a case manager with Westcountry Case Management and currently also works completing various contracts in occupational therapy supporting teams with high work demands and difficulties with recruiting trained staff. She is currently working part-time as a senior mental health practitioner and recovery coordinator. This role involves managing a large caseload of individuals with complex mental health issues to manage significant risk and support them holistically towards recovery.
- Extensive experience of assessment, management and person-centred therapeutic intervention of adults and children with a range of medical conditions in a variety of settings.
- Significant experience of working holistically to support individuals to work towards goals and personal recovery.
- Experience of working alongside and linking in with other professional of multi disciplines and services to formulate treatment and care plans.
- Able to communicate with clients and carers of all ages and from all walks of life, adapting the approach where necessary to ensure individuals feel comfortable and happy in Sarah’s care.
- Specialist assessments in mental health and psychological trauma.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)