Simon qualified as an occupational therapist in 2013 at Plymouth University with a first-class honours degree. He has completed additional post graduate training in sensory integration, and has experience working on a large research project with other professionals.
Simon has been working with clients with a range of disabilities since 2011, working in the NHS, private and charitable sectors. Since qualifying, Simon has developed his independent occupational therapy practice alongside his role within a small multidisciplinary clinical team and lecturing duties for a national specialist non-profit organisation.
Simon works as an Associate Case Manager at Westcountry Case Management. He undertakes a variety of activities to support case managers in their day to day clinical practise, including admin tasks, project work, attending meetings and medical/therapy appointment, research and coordination of a wide range of clinical and non-clinical services, and completing quality assurance and detailed written documentation to a high standard. He also has a small case load of clients.
Experience of working with clients with a range of complex needs including brain injury, mental health difficulties, autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Experience in private, statutory and voluntary sectors and a good knowledge of Health and Social Services.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills – coordinating services and working with the family and relevant professionals.
- Experience of working with challenging and non-compliant clients.
- Ability to work under pressure with strong problem-solving skills.
- Teaching experience to a postgraduate level.
- Excellent assessment and report writing skills.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Sensory Integration Network (SIN)
- BABICM registered practitioner member