Suzi trained at Oxford Brookes University and qualified in 1995. Suzi has worked at the Yorkshire spinal injuries unit, where she provided therapy to adults and children undergoing the acute and rehabilitative phases of their recovery. Suzi has worked with clients with a range of neurological impairments including several in and outpatient clients with spinal injuries.
Suzi has a wide range of experience in physical medicine, with specialist skills in paediatrics, neuro-rehab, orthopaedics and amputees. She has experience of working with clients with a range of conditions within inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation and community settings. Suzi has completed further academic studies in postural management including wheelchair and seating, and assessing and managing those with long-term conditions and neurological rehabilitation. Suzi has also worked within statutory services, and assessed and reviewed clients with a wide range of spinal cord injuries, and has also sourced grants for property adaptations and access.
Suzi has worked as a case manager with Westcountry Case Management since 2008 and also works as an independent occupational therapist for children and adults with complex needs. This role includes undertaking assessments, outlining and providing treatments and helping clients to achieve their goals and develop independence.
In addition, Suzi writes medico-legal rehab and care cost reports, supervises other clinicians working with children in independent practice, and offers final year occupational therapy student placements.
- Extensive experience in management and treatment of adults and children with a range of medical conditions in a variety of settings.
- Extensive experience of assessing a range of different clients and recognising the client’s and family’s focus for intervention.
- Management and working knowledge to direct staff and support others to facilitate the client in achieving their goals.
- Experience and working knowledge of linking with those in independent practice, statutory sectors and Health and Social Services.
- Experience of implementing community based rehabilitation programmes, linking in with local services where possible.
- Able to communicate with clients and carers of all ages and from all walks of life with empathy and humour.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Case Management Society of UK (CMSUK)
- College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section – Independent Practice
- Posture Management Group
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)