Zoe Cocksedge qualified from Newcastle upon Tyne in 1992. She initially worked for 8 years in Adult Mental Health Services in acute and community settings. Zoe worked in Romania for a year as an occupational therapist, with children who had developmental delay, sensory loss, HIV, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Since 1998 Zoe has worked exclusively in the area of physical disability within the community and out of hour’s services. She left Adult Care and Support in 2007 to work as an independent practitioner with an interest in housing issues and training.
Zoe has a diploma in Humanistic Counselling, which has enhanced her practice when working with clients.
Zoe is currently working as an independent practitioner in the community with adults with complex physical, cognitive, and learning disabilities. Zoe has worked as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management since 2011 and has case managed several clients with acquired brain injuries who are in transition from children’s to adult’s services.
Zoe has a varied case load working with clients with complex needs including complex physical disability, brain injury, spinal injury and often complex medical and social needs. Zoe has assisted clients with support planning to enable them to receive personal budgets to support quality of life and maximise independence and has recently been involved in Continuing Health Care assessments.
Zoe is currently involved in training housing association and council staff, throughout Cornwall, regarding housing adaptations, minor works and risk management.
- Assessments and report writing and identification of client and carers needs.
- Identifying specialist equipment
- Working with a complex case loads
- Specialist knowledge around areas of disability and design
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Person centred practice
- Conflict management, employed by Adult Care and Support to deal with complaints regarding assessments
- Wide-ranging experience of major and minor adaptation work to a variety of residential properties
- Transition from children's to adult services
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapist specialist section in Housing (COTSS-Housing)
- State registered member of the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- BABICM Advanced registered practitioner member