Sally Nolan gains Advanced Membership for BABICM - British Association of Brain Injury & Complex Case Management
Congratulations to one of our case managers, Sally Nolan, for gaining Advanced Babicm Membership - Find out more here about the membership here . Its no easy task, very well done to Sally.
Case Manager for Westcountry Case Management
Sally qualified as an occupational therapist in 1990 at Christchurch College, Canterbury. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings in Britain and overseas including, pediatrics, orthopedics, surgery, psychiatry and neuro-rehabilitation. The experience she has gained working in many different settings in hospital and in the community has given her a broad knowledge base.
Sally specialised in neuro-rehabilitation in 1996 and has a particular interest in acquired brain injury. She has worked at a senior level in this specialty for many years. Sally has gained an MSc in Occupational Therapy; her research focused on stroke patients’ expectations for discharge and their quality of life, once home.
Sally is currently working as an independent occupational therapist, providing assessment and treatment to clients with complex physical and cognitive disabilities. She has a particular interest in vocational rehabilitation. She has been working as a case manager for Westcountry Case Management since 2008 for clients with brain injury and orthopaedic injuries. Additionally, Sally works for a medico legal consultancy, providing detailed medico legal reports for personal injury claims.
- Extensive experience working with clients with head injury and complex disability.
- Teaching experience. Training and supervising support workers.
- Experience working independently, liaising with different agencies in private and statutory sectors.
- Ability to make holistic assessment of client and carer needs in all areas of daily life.
- Special interest in return to work for clients with brain injury.
- Assessment and rehabilitation of cognitive difficulties following acquired brain injury.
- Good communication skills with clients and relatives.
Professional Affiliations & Additional Qualifications
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- BABICM registered practitioner member
- MSc Advanced Course in Occupational Therapy - St Loyes School of Health Studies